Eyeweb has been creating digital solutions for businesses since 2002.
In our full-time team we have designers, web developers, project managers, a marketing team and admin. We sub-contract photography, content writing and PR.
We specialise in custom solutions, so nothing off-the-shelf and no templates. Instead, we work as a team to produce the best fit solution for each client, which results in a more creative output. See our work here.
We are looking for an organised, skilful and motivated PHP developer. We develop custom-built responsive websites using our own Laravel-based CMS for most of our client’s website, but we also use Shopify and Magento for ecommerce solutions.
Working at Eyeweb, you would be in charge of your own development projects and work on them from start to finish. Projects vary from 2-week website builds to a 2-month system builds. You will communicate directly with the clients on aspects of your build and have a say in how the project progresses.
You would be responsible for the following
- Planning and writing development specifications.
- Quoting accurate timescales.
- Building responsive frontend from supplied Photoshop/Adobe XD designs.
- Developing PHP backend systems.
- Testing and user-testing.
- Liaising with both the design and marketing teams directly.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about the web and have a good understanding of project-based web development and delivering web-based solutions. Good time-management skills are important, as deadlines must be hit. We offer training and conference experience, as well as giving time for self-development and accreditations.
- PHP (OOP)
- Experience of code frameworks
- HTML / CSS (SASS)
- Experience with Laravel would be handy
- Source control, e.g. Git / Github.
- Responsive build techniques.
- Experience with RESTful API’s.
- Magento and Shopify experience
The salary is negotiable based on skills and experience. This will be reviewed each year in your annual performance review.
How to apply
To apply, please either send your CV to Paul Scott (Managing Director) by email email@example.com or call for more details on 01482 628830. Interviews can be held between 8am and 6pm at our office in Hessle, and initial phone interviews can be arranged for out of hours.